Friday, March 13, 2015

Plans and ideas


Hello! Happy Friday the 13th everyone - I hope your day is filled with good luck!

In between preparing for Bologna (I'm not going this year sadly - couldn't quite justify it to myself but determined to try again next year!) I've been working on ideas for some young comics. My current fond plan is to pitch something to The Phoenix - wish me luck! I'm thinking of Twin Peaks, Eerie, Indiana style stuff...

I've also been working on another idea for a longer comic in book form.






One thing I have to be strict with myself about is not jumping in to colouring something way too early. I love pencil sketching, but then I get overexcited about how things will look with colour - which is a waste of time at this early stage. I have an idea about how I want this to look in colour, but should spend all my time at the moment figuring out the roughs! I'm beeeeeing PATIENT!

Also I drew a tractor, for Tralalire - Cacahouète, Pouët Pouët and Patatras are on a farm for the June issue. I have to give myself props about this tractor; I'm pretty proud - now I just need to find that tractor-based text that's crying out for an illustrator...

2 comments:

Tango Chow said...

everything from your mind and hands is funny and great!! :)

Tor Freeman said...

Thank you so much Tango! What a lovely thing to say. :-)