Thursday, January 28, 2016
Friday, January 15, 2016
Thursday, December 10, 2015
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Saturday, December 5, 2015
Next Saturday I'm excited to be taking part in the Illustrators' Christmas Fair at the House of Illustration! There are full details are on their website, but it's in Granary Square, London King's Cross, from midday until 6pm next Saturday, 12th December.
I will be sharing a table with my friends and super illustrators Sharon King-Chai and Marta Altés! I had a table at the House of Illustration's summer fair a couple of years ago with Sharon and Mel and it was such a fun day and a nice vibe.
It should be an ace day out and potentially a super hunting ground for unique Christmas pressies! Please do come along!
I am feeling much more fair-seasoned after Thought Bubble last month! I meant to post about it earlier, but I was preparing so much beforehand, and then the rest of the month just zoomed. In typical form, I took zero photographs of the rest of the fair, but my boyfriend and booth buddy Ben took a few of our table. It all looks a bit blue-screen in these pics, hopefully the effect was less so in real life...
I learnt so much about having my own table, and displaying things - one big thing being I won't bother with the backing board next time! I don't think people looked it at much, and I felt like a backing-board wally. People were so friendly and kind, I had some lovely chats and discovered some new artists.
My top highlights included:
* Circling round Kate Beaton like a diffident shark a few times, though I never got the nerve to stand in the queue and say hi - next time!
* Tabling next to illustrator Emmeline Pidgen and animator Andrew Jolly, fellow Thought Bubble first-timers and perfect table neighbours (tabours)!
* Exchanging hellos with Darryl McDaniels from Run DMC, who appears to have branched into comics-making! (Apparently he did a surprise mini-set at the mid-con party, which I'd failed to get us tickets for - SERIO POST-FOMO about missing his performance of Walk This Way :-((()
* Getting to meet some people whose work I'd admired in person, such as Zak Simmonds-Hurn, Joe List and Kristyna Baczynski - and getting to stare from afar at others!
* Seeing all the super costumes people came in, of which I recognised maybe 5% - need to bone up before next year!
Hurrah for fairs, meeting people at fairs, and having fair deadlines which make me mini-freak out but work more!
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Thanks for entering my competition! The winner picked by random name generator was
Hi Chris, please will you email me your address and I'll send you the set? Thanks very much for entering guys, and saying nice things! All Concertinis are for sale in my shop.
And here is the latest instalment from Oddleigh...
Friday, November 20, 2015
I have some new cards! I've been working on these for a long time, and now have seven designs. When folded shut they are standard postcard size and fit in a C6 envelope. Each one folds out to reveal a surprise in the middle!
Some are birthday-friendly, or congratulatory - I thought the canon one could be for a "you'll go far!" type message - but I wanted to leave most of them blank for all occasions! They are professionally printed on nice thick white card stock with a matte finish on the front. The backs are left plain white for individual messages.
Each Concertini comes with a matching coloured envelope in a cello bag. They are £2 each, or get the whole set of seven for £12!
Check them out in my shop now!
Check them out in my shop now!
**To celebrate Concertini time, I'm doing a giveaway of a complete set of seven! Please leave a comment below to be in with a chance to win!
I will do a random draw at noon UK time on Tuesday 24th November!**