Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hifest

I had such a lovely day at Hifest in Hastings yesterday. I went with Alice and Barney, and shared their table, and their snacks. I met so many great people. The organisers had done an excellent job of spreading the word and getting people through the door - it was a great turnout, especially for the first year.

As usual, Al and Barney were the best company. They were there with their new collective, Pinch Press - check out their stuff! And Barney's new graphic novel, Beetroot, is out any day now. I was lucky enough to see an advance copy yesterday - it is SUPER, and I can't wait to get my own copy!

Some of the wares I was selling 

 Setting up our stall! 

Al and Barney manning the stand


The quality of other exhibitors was really wonderful - I could've ended up spending any money I made, but limited myself to these great pieces - the vase screen print is by Melissa Castrillon, the house with yellow moons by Somin Ahn (I love it - where is that house? What's happening? Why are those pigs hanging around???) and this brilliant card by Benjamin Phillips - a real pet portrait! Lovely lady dog.


I'm already looking forward to next year, and will plan to spend longer there and see Hastings. I can hardly feel walking from the carpark to the exhibition hall crossed it off my list...!

**Soundtrack: Absolute Crock: Tush, ZZ Top**

No comments: