Saturday, February 18, 2012

Slight return

I'm roughing out a book set in a Paris-style town, and just went fishing under my bed to find my location drawings for reference. Most of which I've blogged already. But I like seeing them again - more than a photograph they evoke feelings, because I can remember drawing each one, sitting outside on my low folding chair, what I was thinking about that day and what the weather was like, what I was doing later etc... A lucky record. Wish I'd done more...

Photographs are a wonderful aid to memory (although often I'm just checking if it was a good hair day) but location drawings are really memories in themselves, as you sit there for an hour or so making them, and that's its own experience.



(Excuse the horrid scans, my home scanner is complete rubbish. NO, Epson 2-in-1 scanner/printer!)

No comments: